Creamy Cashew Carrot Soup by Jenn Pike
This week on #SimplicityTV we are back in the kitchen, and we are cooking up a batch of Creamy Carrot Cashew Soup.
Cashew Carrot Soup
- 1 lb carrots
1 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 946 ml (32 oz) organic vegetable broth
- 1 can organic coconut milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups raw, unsalted cashews
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop carrots and place in a pot with enough water to cover; steam until very tender.
- Heat the oil over low-medium, sautéing the onions and garlic.
- Once done drain the carrots and add the broth, onions, and garlic.
- Bring the soup to a low boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until the carrots become tender. This could take between 10–30 minutes.
- Next, use an immersion blender to puree the vegetables with the stock. Continue simmering over low heat.
- Add coconut milk and stir in.
- Using a food processor, puree the cashews with 1⁄2 cup of the pureed soup. Puree until a smooth butter is formed, then transfer it back to the soup pot.
- Use the immersion blender to mix the soup, making sure that the ingredients are all dispersed completely.
- Add the thyme and sage.
- Top with fresh herbs to taste, and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Sit and enjoy!
This recipe was originally posted on Jenn Pike’s website.
Jenn Pike is the founder of Simplicity Yoga Studio in Kenswirk, ON, a registered holistic nutritionist, yoga and Pilates educator, master personal trainer and medical exercise specialist. She is the television host ofSimplicity Fusion Flow & Living Simpliciously as well as Spokesperson & Brand Ambassador to Genuine Health, Lululemon , Pascoe, Greeniche Naturals and Juice Matters. She is a regular contributor to Rogers Daytime, Georgina Life, CHCH Live, and City TV’s Breakfast Television. Jenn is the author of The Simplicity Project and the accompanying DVD, The Simplicity Project: A Core Revival To Transform Your Body: Yoga, Pilates and Functional Strength Training inspired. Learn more about her work at jennpike.com.
~Love this article? Want to read more and learn how to support Gather and our incredible community? Join the family by signing up for our newsletter HERE!
~WE HEART LOCAL TEACHERS. See how you can support your favorite local teacher HERE.
~Want to write for us? We are looking for contributors with unique voice and original story. If authentic presence is your jam, contact us: