Homemade Power Bars To Power Your Week
We won’t speak for you, but life here is sure busy. And when you’re trying to wrangle your three year old, quiet your dog and find your husband, it’s easy to push nutrition to the wayside. So to make things a little easier we called on Jenn Pike for something yummy, nutritious and fast.
Homemade Power Bars
- 1 cup of dates
- 1 cup of sunflower, hemp, flax seed mix
- 1/4 cup of sunflower / nut butter
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats (quick oats are fine)
- 2 TBS of Maple Syrup or Honey
TIP: A food processor is best for this recipe. If you don’t have a food processor you can use a blender. We have included some trouble shooting tips in case you run into problems
- Throw in your dates + nut/seed mix. Pulse and blend this until it becomes a paste-like consistency. Add small amounts of water as needed (1 TBS at a time). It helps if you add the water while your processor is already in motion.
- Put your paste into a large bowl, and add nut butter + rolled oats. Mix this throughly until the oats and nut butter are evenly dispersed. Add 2 tbs of pure maple syrup or raw honey.
- Press this mixture with a spatula or spoon into a square pan. Press this mixture with all your strength! The longer and harder your press, the better the bars will hold their shape.
- Store in the refrigerator and enjoy!
Jenn Pike is the founder of Simplicity Yoga Studio in Kenswirk, ON, a registered holistic nutritionist, yoga and Pilates educator, master personal trainer and medical exercise specialist. She is the television host ofSimplicity Fusion Flow & Living Simpliciously as well as Spokesperson & Brand Ambassador to Genuine Health, Lululemon , Pascoe, Greeniche Naturals and Juice Matters. She is a regular contributor to Rogers Daytime, Georgina Life, CHCH Live, and City TV’s Breakfast Television. Jenn is the author of The Simplicity Project and the accompanying DVD, The Simplicity Project: A Core Revival To Transform Your Body: Yoga, Pilates and Functional Strength Training inspired. Learn more about her work at jennpike.com.
~Love this article? Want to read more and learn how to support Gather and our incredible community? Join the family by signing up for our newsletter HERE!
~WE HEART LOCAL TEACHERS. See how you can support your favorite local teacher HERE.
~Want to write for us? We are looking for contributors with unique voice and original story. If authentic presence is your jam, contact us: